As we get older, our ability to believe in something seems to flicker away while defending our belief system seems to become more important. Faith. For something that is so beautiful, it can bring out the ugliest in some people.
Most teenagers are hard headed and don't want to admit that someone else is right when they are dead set on just one particular answer. But that is just the thing, when it comes to faith there seems to be no just one answer. What if what we were brought up to believe is wrong? What if some traditions should be forgotten because they were started in a world completely opposite than the world we live in now?
If you are wondering where my place in religion is, its that I don't know. Brought up a Catholic, went to Religious Education classes and now I go to a Catholic school. The Catholic religion is great, however I have found myself turned off from it. I don't want to condem it, its just that its such a strong religion, how dare I call myself a Catholic when I don't go to church every week, don't believe in Reconciliation, basically, don't follow the rules? I don't think its fair, I think its fake. For me anyway. Also I think its crap when I see my classmates, people who I know do not follow the ways of the Catholic church, receive the Body of Christ at our school masses, when they aren't necessarily worthy of it. Everyone's worthy to recieve it, but according to the Catholic church, if you haven't gone to mass on Sunday or if you've sinned and not confessed those sins to a priest you shouldn't be receiving the eucharist. I may not like the rules of the church, but at least I respect them.
There are other things I disagree with greatly, such as marriage/divorce, suicide, hell, and women's role in the church, but I don't want to post them because, religion is always a touchy subject. And I know my theories are not right for everyone, maybe only for me, so I don't want to shove all my ideas down people's throats if it'll offend them. If you really want to know, you could ask me.
I am not a religious person, because I don't know if I believe in organized religion. I'm a spiritual person. I believe in faith, I believe in God, I believe in the good of people, and most importantly, I believe in following your heart. And I think that if you do what you want in your life, surround yourself with people you love, and believe in your dreams, you've found your heaven. And isn't that all we're looking for anyway?
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions

No comments:
Post a Comment