Thursday, April 20, 2006

Warming the Bench

I am on a personal and spiritually quest to see good movies in theaters. I refuse to spend another 5 dollars on a movie that has not made my life more enriched with good quality cinema. Therefore, over spring break I saw the movie Benchwarmers.

I at first refused to see the movie, my quest did not include these kind of movies, I wanted to see Ice Age 2: the Meltdown. However, the people I were aquainted with had valid arguements as to why we should see this movie, and that was that they were driving and I wasn't (due to ankle being sprained...i.e. my life coming to a halt).

Thus, I went to the movie. If you are looking for a movie with execellent writing, amazing stunts, or attractive people, this is not the movie for you.

The movie is significantly similar to Dodgeball in a lot of ways, but its almost, if not just as funny as Dodgeball, and that is saying something. The guy who played Napoleon is in it, can't think of his name, providing doses of nerdy humor. David Spade provides his usual wit and Rob Schneider (I can't spell) is not a Hot Chick, an animal, or even a delivery guy, he's the main character and he's a person. A regular Joe with a past you unravel as you watch the movie. If you like titty twisters, nerds, migets, baseball, or drunkeness, this is the movie for you.

I give it a B-

Good movie, go see it if you want, otherwise I'd wait to rent it, because it is worth seeing..ish.

3 comments:

Adam said...

o0o a movie review

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions