Monday, May 15, 2006

The 11:00pm world of Wal-nothing

I awoke this evening at 11:00 pm to find my homework unfinished and the eggs that was responsible for bringing to the breakfast we are making for the seniors in choir tomorrow unfetched.

There is virtually nowhere to go for eggs at 11:00 pm, nowhere except Wal-Mart.

You lose part of your soul when you got to Wal-Mart during the 11:00 pm hour. You can go after midnight and keep your soul intact and you can go before 11:00 pm. But should you going during the 11 ‘o clock hour then you find yourself with all the other lost bastards in a swirling world filled with so much nothing, and yet at the same time, so much something.

I shall tell you what I saw.

I saw a woman in business attire with a half-filled cart mumbling to herself as she wondered through the lost world of Wal-nothingness. I saw the lost night owls searching for their Vaults, their Monsters, and their Red Bulls (or Frapachinos for the more refined lost night owl). I saw Tim Sporsec. I saw a random lost woman who looked at me funny while I proudly marched through the nothing with 36 eggs. Yes, and I looked right back at her as if to say “I have 36 eggs and there’s not a thing you can do about it.” And she backed off. It felt good to march away with my eggs knowing I had been victorious over the demon of nothing.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be the same again.

Adam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb visualizations. I almost felt as if I was there. Its kind of like a Discovery Channel Feature, exploring the great abyss that is Late-Night Wal-Mart...

It gives me goosebumps.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Wow..thats deep. You should post more about what you believe. Because im confused just like you, but i do believe in the last part you just said.

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions