Thursday, September 07, 2006

School is overtaking my life right now it is yet just September. I was apparently stoned last year when I decided to take as many AP classes I could think of. Mostly I just signed up for them because it will impress the balding college admissions person, however I hate to admit I'm glad I took them. Extremely challenging for me as they are, yeah, they're hard, I'm learning something, and I did not make my madre pay $6,000 so I could take mediocre classes that doesn't allow me to use my full brain power. Not that I have alot. My attention span is making me think I don't. I have a point, I think.

Well anywho, as I said school is taking over, so school I shall write about. In religion we skimmed over the topic of gay marriages. In a hand out we had to read and were quizzed over, there were some interesting topics, some saying that "Marriage is best kept in the traditional sense." If we kept all the traditions of marriage, the status of women in our world would be non existent, we would have rags full of blood to prove a girls virginity, another wonderful tradition that has been thankfully dropped in our society. Also, in another article we had to read, it says "...against God's plan for marriage, marriage is holy, while homosexual acts go against moral law." I agree with two of the three statements. Marriage is very holy, and its true that homosexual acts go against the stupid natural law, however my take on God's plan for marriage is to find love, create a family. You can do that through gay marriages. Then theres the whole should gay couples adopt...I'd say if the kids facing being an orphan or having a home with gay people, I'd choose the home. Also, is gay marriages undermining the sanctity of marriage more than divorce? "Divorce-not same sex marriage- is the No. 1 enemy of marriage." Another quote from the articles.

Basically I think if you love a person, marry em for pete's sake. Don't governments have murders or poverty or scandals in the White House to deal with? The gay people aren't harming anyone, go find a terrorist.

No comments:

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions