Monday, February 20, 2006

Morality and how violent video games aren't not that

Let us take another lesson from ol’ Abe Lincoln. Abraham (we’re on a first name basis, you’re not. You can call him Mr. President) was quoted as saying “When I do good I feel good, when I do bad I feel bad, that is my religion,” or something like that. Now this seems to make sense. Someone with a untainted version of what we sometimes call conscience would be able to live by this rule. But who has one of those these days?

Morality instructor Mr. Jim Homan can be quoted as saying “But what if someone feels good doing bad things?”

Which leads me to my next point.

The past couple of weeks have brought with them a large amount of social and educational anxiety. But it’s ok, I mean I’m ok because I’ve found a healthy way to vent.

Shooting games.

That’s right, I’ve found that the best way to blow off steam is to blow off heads*. It really works. Is that wrong? Am I sick? According to honest Abe the answer to both is that I actually couldn’t be more right.

You can expect a Catholic morality teacher to tell you that Abraham’s philosophy is flawed but STFU they don’t call him HONEST Abe for nothing do they, which is why I’m going to violently play violent video games in which I violently destroy digital representations of humans for my own pleasure.

I’m not sick, I’m just Abraham Lincoln.

Adam

*no real heads were blown off in the making of this post. Any and all heads blown were the digital kind and therefore completly acceptable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice logic Abraham, and I agree with that completely. As long as it doesnt lead me to mass murder in the long run. And stop watching me typing this!

smartchild435 said...

*glares evilly at adam*

Anonymous said...

2 things, Ryan - please state the point of that. Dan - he is not saying he should be doing them, moreso that it is not immoral. There is a difference between doing something because you should, and doing something because it is not immoral. Such as, I do homework because I should, not because it is not immoral. And I do not do homework because it is not immoral, or because I should, it is because I am lazy.

Anonymous said...

I laughed at that

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions