Monday, February 13, 2006

The worm guy and humanity

Funny story actually, I was at the Omaha home and garden expo and I see this display for the “Magic Worm.” Here is a conversation between me and the guy:

Magic worm guy: “Hey do you want to see the magic worm?”

Me: “Yeah go ahead and try to sell me your crap.”

Worm guy: *Does a bunch of totally awesome tricks with the worm*

Me: Holy crap that’s awesome, how does it work.

Worm guy: *Points at a sign that says “top secret”*

Me: Fine, I accept that, give me six of them(because they were cheaper individually if you bought six then if you just bought one.)

Worm guy: (secretly) Sukka!

Me: O man this is going to be so cool. I can’t wait to get home and play with all six of them.

So yeah, I get home and I open up my six worms.

Let’s take a moment to recognize that I am a person that is progressively losing hope in humanity and desperately looking for magic in this world and I thought these worms really had it. I’ve thought things were magic before but this time I thought I really had it.

Well, it turns out the “magic” worm is on a fucking string. That’s how it works. You tie the string to your belt and you just have to get really good at making people not see the string.

I really thought I had it here. But let it be noted that this is just another punishing hit to my world views. That’s all I’m trying to say. I have less hope in humanity now that I know the secret of the magic worm. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Fair, Balanced, and Second
Adam

No comments:

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions