Well, I’m glad that’s over. I really am, I feel ten times better, no lies.
You know if you’ve ever been around history instructor Jacko Ilcisin one of his standard responses to the question “how was your day” is “Just another day in the march to May.”
Doesn’t life sometimes seem like that? Just another day in the march to …when I die. Which could be any day now, in theory. I mean if get swarmed by bees tomorrow and die then I guess that getting up early today for the test review doesn’t really matter does it? So I suppose the only resolve is to just make sure that you milk the happiness out of all the time between now and then.
Now Abe Lincoln was a pretty insightful man. Both he and his wife suffered from depression, he had kids that died, he failed a ton before making it into office and to top it all of the fucking United States decided to fight each other just because he believed in free soil (even if that wasn’t the real reason I’m sure he felt like it was).
The point is that old honest Abe said “People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” And I think that is a good perspective. Of course, Abe was also shot in the back of the head without notice so I hope he was milking the happiness out of his time I guess is the point here, that’s all I wanted to say.
Adam
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions

1 comment:
we have very little time on this dustball of a planet, so we should try to gain everything we can so we can look back and say "I have enjoyed life"
Post a Comment