Sunday, January 01, 2006

Knights of Columbus

Well geez...

Somebody forgot of something called difference of opinion. Aye, sometimes, not everyone is going interept a writer's writing the way the writer wanted it to be portrayed. It happens. Going into the writing business I hope we get used to that, no? But I think for the particular post, Adam has made it EXTREMELY clear what he meant because a). he practically used the same title and b). he demolished anyone who spoke against it. Don't be scared to post comments, we won't discriminate against you EVERYTIME you leave one, just once in a while when you have your own opinion. :) Kidding. Comment or hold you silence. I can take it. He can take it. We love to hate and hate to love. When in Rome. Or something like that.

The first post of the New Year! I beat you to it suckker.

Speaking of the New Year, what is with resolutions? I asked people what their new year's resolutions were going to be, a good number of people said to get off the drugs. I pray that they are kidding. Stay on the drugs my friend! Rehab is for quitters!

Other people answered me seriously. I think it was because I told them I was researching something for something or another, I don't remember what I said but I sounded professional.

What I don't get, is how this one day sparks about so many changes. Am I the only one not aware of the fact that Sunday Jan. 1 was similar to a Sunday not too long ago? (Thats a bad analogy, because it was my birthday, so no it wasn't like anyother day. Stay on topic Stay on topic) I mean, its still cold outside, we still have to go back to school, it feels like a year has gone by because we actually THOUGHT about the year that has gone by. (Crazy what thinking will do to you). This day is like any other day except theres a 6 instead of a 5 at the end of the dates. If you would of thought about your life a year ago from last Tuesday, it wouldn't blow your mind too much.

Don't get me wrong, I think its cool that people want to all of a sudden change a lot of things, and make goals that they won't follow, by why didn't you do that on Nov. 14? Or May 23? Or any other day of the year? What is it about my birthday, my wonderful birthday, New Years Day, that ignites the ambitious part of people? Well, the astrologist sign is Capricorn, the ambitious goat.

I'd change the title from New Years Resolution to Year Long resolutions, if you'd ask me.

Oh and whats my Year Long Resolution?

Learn how to knit a scarf with my Grandma. Trust me, this will take all year, neither of us are very craft...like.


I'm Beth, and thanks for stopping by San Diego.

1 comment:

smartchild435 said...

I think that major changes in your life can and most certainly should happen on any day you deem them necesarry, and I don't think anyone should be obligated to make a New Year's resolution or some sort of change in their life just because it's a new calendar year.

However, I would like to offer this. New Years is a time of reflection. It's a time we set aside to look back on a year (a set time interval), and reflect on our life, the world, the choices we made, and anything else we so choose to think about.

Why do we do this? Organization. It makes things easier to handle for our minds rather than picking a random day and reflecting on the past 5 or 6 years. Instead we pick this one day for one year, which our brains can handle.

Now, from the reflections made on New Years, people see problems in their lives, and that motivates them to make New Years resolutions and other changes in their lives. It's become a formality because it's done on a mass scale, and that is the problem: people making resolutions because they feel obligated to, not because they have thought them through and made that decision based on prior events and choices.

If you want to make a life changing decision, do it whenever you want. New Years is a nice time to do it simply because there is so much reflection going on it's easy to see things we can change, but it is not the only time we can make changes. However, if you sit down on December 31st or January 1st and think your year through and don't see anything you feel you need to change, then you should damn well live your life the way you've been living it!

*note* If I sound incredibly crazy, take into account it's 1 a.m. and I'm running on 5 hours of sleep.

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions