Sunday, January 29, 2006

Suck on that

Fuck school.

Thats right, I said it. The F word. (Sorry Adam, if you wanted to keep this blog PG) I do not hate school, because, call me a nerd (Nerd) I like to learn. I feel all tingly inside when I grasp a concept then I can talk to my little sister about and feel like I am passing on a torch of knowledge. I'm not entirely sure that that sentence I just wrote is grammatically or politically correct. But here I am learning things that are irrelovent to my whole 'being'. I know, schools all important and shit, education is worth more than the moon or whatever, but I feel that if I have already made a conscious decision that I swear on my Great Aunt Betty's grave that I will never ever use this material in real life, don't you think I shouldn't have to put myself through the agonizing pain of learning it? WHY is it that to measure my intelligence I have to take tests over things I'll never use in real life? Thats not smart if you ask me! This is preparing us for college, not life. This is crushing our imagination, not inspiring it. This is sparking our anger and the reason why we will have to pay thousands of dollars to shrinks in the years to come! Revolt I say! Leave before you get sucked into the slippery slope of books, and thesis', and calculations!

Also, the ACT? ACrap. I have absolutely no room to talk about it at all, I have not taken it. I should probably stop right here, because I don't really have evidence to back up my claim but I won't. In all honesty, I'll probably get a good score on it (they say if you believe in yourself, you can achieve anything. I believe I will kick ass. good luck with that one), however I think taking that test does not measure how smart you are, it measures how much you can memorize shit, how you can priotize your time, and how good of a test taker you are. While all three things are smart people qualities, they don't qualify to take all the room for the definition of being smart. Albert Einstein was a supposed idiot or something, like he failed a grade I don't really know, plus he had really weird hair, but look at him! Shear genius. Another good example is my mom (oh, and mom if you read this, sorry for the saying the F word, and ya know I love ya mom! p.s. my mom will never read this) ya see my mom passed her, lets call it a-small-attention-span and sort-of-ditzy-qualites onto her children. But, she was just fooling everyone. Everyone thought she was just a ditz in highschool, and any of her highschool classmates are absolutely shocked to hear she is a doctor. But she is, and it didn't take a high score on her ACT to start her own health care practice or raise 4 psycho daughters.

What I am saying, which I think Adam has also said before me (I think, my memory sucks) is that grades and test scores are cool and you feel all proud inside once you see the good score, but guess what? There not everything. I doubt, that when you look back in highschool, that the things you want to remember is that bomb ass paper you wrote and you got an A. I'd rather remember anything but the grades I got. Even though I get good grades, even though I always do my homework, I absolutely DESPISE learning this suppressing stuff.

I feel a little bit better, now back to the english I was ignoring!

Unfair, unbalanced, and first,

Beth

1 comment:

smartchild435 said...

I reference my comments on Adam's post.

Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions