I want to talk about a serious problem in my life: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, more commonly known as the PBandJ.
Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of PBandJs, especially the ones with the strawberry jelly. It's just that they are often, well, difficult.
When I first started making PBandJs I only put the peanut butter on one piece of bread. I know, I know, it was a rookie mistake. I soon found that with the peanut butter on only one side of the bread and with the sandwich sitting in my locker all day the jelly would soak through the bread, which is nasty.
So I came to the natural conclusion. I put the peanut butter on both pieces of bread. As you have probably already guessed the oils in the peanut butter covering the bread on both slices prevents the soakage that happens with the peanut butter on only one slice.
But if you think that this is the perfect arrangement but you'd be wrong.
The peanut butter makes the inside of the sandwich slippery and sometimes if the sandwich is not level, that is parallel to the ground, in the sack then the jelly tends to slip out and get all over the plastic sandwich bag. Then we're back to square one with jelly in the bread all over again.
I guess what I really trying to say is that the PBandJ takes a lot of care and thought. It's a delicate sandwich.
That's all I wanted to say.
Fair, Balanced, and Second
Adam
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Copyright © 2007 Beth Adam Productions

1 comment:
I have the solution, just pack a jar of peanut butter, and a jar of jelly along with your lunch, and then make your sandwich at school!
Post a Comment